Monday, September 17, 2007

Baseball?


I saw my first Major League Baseball game this sunday at Petco Park in San Diego. The Padres beat San Fransisco's Giants 5 to 1. I had a few requirements for that game. Most were met.
.
First and foremost was to have a Hot Dog. Check. Second was beer. Check. Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Crackers Jacks has peanuts in it so Check. Home Run by the Padres. Check. Catch a foul ball. Shit.
.
I hated baseball when I was a squirt. In 5th grade when the teacher asked someone to give and example of an opinion I blurted out 'baseball sucks!' Its really shocking to some of my friends that I went. I still think its basically a boring sport but as may have said going to the game is better than watching it on TV. I decided to be into it; to scream and whistle for the team. I stomped my feet and swore at players.
.
So, am I a fan now? Kind of. I want to be a fan but it will always be casual.

No comments: